Estate Planning: Don’t Put It Off
Testamentary documents such as wills and powers of attorney offer everyone the opportunity to have their wishes legally enforced after their deaths. Estate planning is a right and a privilege that you should not ignore if you have assets and/or family members who rely on your support.
Turn to our experienced, proven attorneys who can help you ensure that your will and trust are legally binding. We have the trustworthy legal knowledge that you need. Call the Law Offices of Aaron C. Smith for a free consultation.
Turn To Our Experienced Lawyers For Guidance With Wills And Trusts
Many people put off drafting a will or setting up a trust. Working with an experienced attorney to draft wills and trusts makes the process easy and provides you with peace of mind in knowing that your loved ones will be cared for after your death.
An attorney can help you:
- Draft and establish your will
- Sign your will to make it legally binding
- Complete a power of attorney in the event that you are not able to make decisions regarding your health care or your finances
- Draft a living will to provide your loved ones with clear direction on your wishes in the event that you are unable to communicate
- Take a will through probate and administer an estate as an executor or personal representative
- Establish trusts through advanced estate planning to let your family bypass the need for probate
- Update your estate plan after a divorce
Having a will, power of attorney and living will in place allows you to ensure that your wishes will be carried out as you stipulate through enforceable documentation.
Seek Advice And Assistance In Case Of Disputes
In some situations, family members may dispute a will or ask a judge to address the specific rules and requirements of a trust. In these cases, our legal team is here to assist you with probating the will or to represent you if there are any attempts to collect from the estate that you believe are unfair.
To request an attorney’s counsel about a will contest or any aspect of estate planning or administration, contact the Law Offices of Aaron C. Smith by phone at 760-974-8605 or by email.